The proposed elective course for students of grades 9-11 of the middle level is devoted to the study of the system of scientific knowledge and practical activities aimed at the prevention and treatment of human diseases. This topic allows you to connect the studied theoretical material with life, apply the knowledge gained in practice.
In the school biology course, the issues of first aid, disease prevention, promotion of a healthy lifestyle, the latest achievements in the field of physiology and medicine are not sufficiently reflected. Therefore, the study of the program of this elective course is relevant.
The course content may be of interest to students focused on medical professions. In addition, the course deepens and expands students’ knowledge of biology.
THE purpose of this course is the profile orientation of students to continue their education in specialized classes, to expand students’ knowledge, to develop recommendations for maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
- To familiarize students with the content and program of the course.
- Expand students’ knowledge in the field of biology and medicine.
- Develop recommendations for a healthy lifestyle and actively use them to preserve and strengthen your health.
- To develop students’ skills in self-education, the use of various sources of information; research and practical skills; to develop a communicative culture.
- To give students an idea of the specifics of medical professions.
AFTER STUDYING THE COURSE, STUDENTS SHOULD KNOW:
- definitions of basic concepts, knowledge of terminology;
- the basic rules of a healthy lifestyle;
- functional features of organ systems in norm and pathology;
- causes of some diseases;
- the most common medicinal plants;
- recent advances in medicine;
- the place of man in the system of the organic world.
STUDENTS SHOULD BE ABLE TO:
- identify the relationship between the structure and functions of organs, the body and the external environment;
- provide first aid for bone fractures, bleeding, bruises, dislocations, burns, frostbite;
- apply bandages;
- in the proposed collections and herbariums to recognize medicinal plants;
- perform preventive measures to maintain the body in a healthy state.
STUDENTS SHOULD HAVE FORMED COMPETENCIES
1.Educational and cognitive:
- determine the most rational sequence when performing practical work;
- independently evaluate their activities;
- be able to identify cause-and-effect relationships;
- creatively solve practical problems.
- manage your behavior, mood, your needs and desires, combining them with the interests of the team;
- observe safety precautions when performing practical work.
- take notes of what you read, make notes, extracts, make abstracts;
- describe the results obtained, draw conclusions;
- use Internet resources when making presentations.
Реализация курса рассчитана на 29 лекций.
Methodological support of the program
The lecture provides for a large-block presentation of the material, disclosure of the main key positions.
In addition to the time system, it is planned to conduct an excursion to the clinic.